A coffee break with... Camila

To celebrate Gandey's circus returning to Butlins Minehead, Skegness and Bognor Regis this year, we've decided to give you an opportunity to sit down, grab a brew and find out the answers to all the things you've wanted to know about our wonderful cast! Have you ever been itching to know the pre-show ritual of a circus performer? Or desperate to discover their favourite sandwich filler? Ever wondered how a clown gets into the circus? Well all your questions will be answered right here on the Gandey World Class Productions blog! This week we'd like to introduce you to Camila - one of our trapeze artists!
1.            Full name 


Camila Palma Aguirre - trapeze artiste

2.            Home town/ city/ country
       

Santiago de Chile.

3.            What previous shows have you been in?
   
Golden Circus (Chile), Little World (Inuyama, Japón), American  Circus (Chile), Circo de la Chola Chabuca (Peru), Circo Hermanos Vazquez (Mexico), Circo Rolex (Mexico) Festival internacional de circo Pista de Oro (Chile), Festival international del circ ciutad de Figueres (España), Cirque Medrano (Francia), Salto Natale, from Gregory and Rolf Kni (Suiza) Circo de Pastelito y Tachuela Chico (Chile), Festival International du Cirque Auvergne Rhône-Alpes à voiron (France), Circus Nock (Suiza) Circo ATAYDE Hermanos (Mexico).

4.            If you could choose another circus act to perform what would it be?

From a young age, I've practiced all the circus disciplines including juggling, uni-cycling, aerial hoop, high wire, flying trapeze and aerial work.

5.            Do you have a routine or ritual before the show?

Not before, but after the show I always have dinner while watching Love Island, my friends here introduced me to it and I love it!

6.            If you were not a circus performer what job would you do?

To have my own restaurant or dedicate myself to women's beauty / aesthetics. But to be honest, I wouldn't change my circus artiste profession for anything!

Camila doing what she does best and looking fabulous whilst doing it!


7.            How would you describe the show to someone who has never seen it?

Full of adrenaline... and a lot of difficulty! When I am flying high on the trapeze I want to make the audience feel like they are flying along with me!

8.            How did you join the circus?

I am the 6th generation of a traditional circus family. I was born in the circus, grew up with it, and now it's my whole life! 

9.            Favourite song?

I couldn't pick a favourite, but I like Latin songs, because I like to dance a lot.

10.          Favourite sandwich?

In Chile there is a popular sandwich called Churrasco. It is a huge round bread, stuffed with meat, avocado, tomato and homemade mayonnaise. It is VERY good.

11.          Favourite movie?

I have two! The Proposal and the new version of Cinderella

12.          Who is your celebrity crush?

Brad Pitt! Maybe...



13.          Favourite clothes designer?

I'm not fanatical about brands, I like clothes despite the designer. 

 14.         If you had the TV remote control what would you watch?

Love Island of course! 

15.          Do you believe we really did land on the moon 50 years ago?

I don't know, but I wonder ... why hasn't anyone else been again?

16.          Favourite place in the world to live?

I love Chile, because it is my home and 'home is where the heart is'.

Camila is currently appearing at Butlin's Skegness for the summer, until 1 September 2019. For more details visit the Butlin's Big Top Circus page. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief history of clowns to celebrate Andreea's birthday!

When The Lady Boys of Bangkok Met.... Geordie Shore!

Origins of the Chinese Circus