With the Christmas and New Year festivities out of the way, we know a lot of people are now concentrating on healthy and clean eating for 2013! This recipe for a classic Thai Laab Gai Salad is so fresh and tasty you'll be sure to be making it on a weekly basis. Portions can be halved or doubled to feed less or more people, but we think once you've tasted it you'll be throwing dinner parties galore to show off this fabulous dish.
2 red chillies
3 garlic cloves
fresh root ginger
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chilli powder
50ml fish sauce
1 red onion
3 tbsp lime juice
Baby Gem lettuce
Preparation is really simple for this popular Thai dish.
- Firstly, pop the chicken breasts in to a blender to 'mince' them up.
- Then cook minced chicken breasts through in a non stick pan with vegetable oil.
- Drain off any excess liquid then add the lime juice, lemongrass, ginger and fish sauce.
- Add the finely chopped onion, garlic, coriander and chilli's then fry off until it the chicken browns and the ingredients cook through (approx 10 minutes)
- Serve immediately with cucumber and lettuce leaves!
And there you have it, a simple tasty dish from cupboard to plate in around 20 minutes. Enjoy!