- To promote dance in all its forms across the world.
- To make people aware of the value of dance in all its forms.
- To enable the dance community to promote their work on a broad scale, so that governments and opinion leaders are aware of the value and importance of dance in all its forms and support it.
- To enjoy dance in all its forms for its own sake.
- To share the joy of dance with others.
28 Apr 2017
International Dance Day 2017
Saturday 29th April is International Dance Day!
Founded in 1982 by the Dance Committee of ITI, International Dance Day is celebrated every year on the 29th April, the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre (1727-1810), creator of modern ballet.
The intention of International Dance Day is to celebrate dance, revel in the universality of this art form, cross all political, cultural and ethnic barriers, and bring people together with a common language - dance.
The goals of International Dance Day are:
At Gandey World Class Productions, dance has always played a big part in our shows. This year alone, we have a huge variety of dance acts across our productions.
In Gandey's Circus we have the beautiful Royalles Showgirls opening the show...
In the Chinese State Circus, we have the Lion Dance, accompanied by the enchanting Ribbon Dancers...
And of course we can't forget The Lady Boys of Bangkok - who devote an entire glitzy and glamorous show to dazzling dance routines and fabulous choreography!
We are certainly going to be celebrating International Dance Day ... are you?